Saturday, May 23, 2009

High School graduation 2009

Derek graduated from High School on Thursday night. It was sprinkling, then drizzling of most of it, so they presented the graduates with their diplomas then let the students who had speeches prepared, give them. It was nice of them to work it that way.
The rain stopped when the kids stopped speaking but not soon enough for everyone hair to be crazy.
 I think Im still in a state of shock. So many years it felt like it would never happen. The kids would never grow up and I'd be changing diapers, wiping snotty noses, never own a dry clean only dress, living in the car and never have a free night from homework or room mom responsibilities.
But it has happened, and its strange, weird. Im not really sure how to feel about it. So many mixed feelings.
Its my turn to "shine" and Im not sure what to do with it. I've been a Mom for 27 years, and now that role of motherhood changes.
Im sure it will work itself out, always does and Im not the first. None the less, I didn't expect the feelings its brought.

           Dad, Derek, Mom
             ( I think thats me, I know I own that shirt but that face looks awfully old to be me :/)
             Meghan, Derek, Steven, Alli &Macy
              My parents came from Prescott but didn't stay through the whole thing.

Derek will be going to Phoenix College and playing soccer (keeper) for them.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    You might not have the runny noses to clean up but the role of mother never stops! You might not have to keep on them everyday but you still have to worry about them. Enjoy this new stage.

    ReplyDelete